Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Only a sponge bath

Last night I was trying to give Meng Meng her first bath , but she let us know she wasn't ready for it yet . So she had a sponge bath just like the french did it hundred of years ago NO wait I think they didn't even do that . She likes water I thought it was the big bathtub she was scared of  so we asked Yisha and she told us that since she was in foster care she should be used to the big bathtub so will try again tonight . With the shoes we're making really small progress I was able to change her socks , but had to put her shoes right back on she slept with her shoes again . The shoes must mean something to her and give her comfort I don't want to push it and make her as comfortable as possible .  Today will buy her some new shoes and see what happens when she has another pair . And yes she is potty trained when we met her she was wearing a diaper , but her nanny told Yisha she was potty trained and only needs a diaper at night and that is true . We think she was really upset about having to wear a diaper for Gotcha Day , but we understand why they did it . When she has to go to the bathroom she gives us that look it's a Guys I am really uncomfortable here take me to the bathroom look . We're so glad we took all the parent training classes at CAAI and that I found our group and I want to thank everyone for sharing their blogs  all the information we had before hand is making this journey so much easier on us and Meng Meng . I think the other family thinks we're crazy because we knew about the park next to the hotel before we even got here , the 7 eleven and thanks to Emily hat the food at the Holiday Express is better and cheaper . So NO they don't belong to our Yahoo group I think they are a lot more people receiving matches who don't belong t0 our group as we think . Christian I am just as thrilled as you are that your dad is going to get his hair cut . We really miss you and your sister a lot and wish the both of you could be here with us . Bill will post more pictures later in the day .

5 comments:

Jaime said...

What a blessed lil girl to have you as parents. Its sounds like the adjustment is going well.

Marcy Dunaway said...

Marion-
I am so happy to read how well things are going for you! She is a real beauty and I am so glad you have already seen her smile! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
Marcy

Emily said...

glad you found the food! the pool there is great too- great for laps- though it will probably freak Meng Meng out- tell Yisha I say Hi and that Ben is doing great- he is getting the medical attention he needs. Yisha is so dear to our hearts-- :)
3 more days and then you're 1/2 way done!! (and in warm weather!)

Emily

joanna and scott said...

Marion,
Faith is beautiful!!! It looks like she is bonding with you and fitting right in with you both!! I'm looking forward to following the rest of your journey!!!

Meghan said...

So happy to see that she is doing so well. Try bathing her in the sink? That is what worked for us.